Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

020 - Cavalia Media Day


Cavalia is here!

You may or may not know this about me but... I love horses. Ok, now that we have established that, I can go on to say that Cavalia is one of the most breathtaking performances I have ever seen. At times I had tears in my eyes...seriously. Even if you don't have an extra special place in your heart for horses you would still be amazed by this show.



My favorite part was the Grande Liberté. Nine Arabian horses wandered on stage, one or two at a time completely un-harnessed, no leads, nothing. I have never seen horses interact with one another in such a way. They were frolicking about as if they were on a playground at recess. As Sylvia Zerbini walked on stage they all turned to watch her, expectantly waiting to see what kind of game she would play with them. Amazing.


There were trick riders, acrobats and aerialists, performing stunts that were incredible, far too fast moving for me to shoot without flash. (No freaking out the horses) I was able to get a few shots when the performers were being still for a second or two, like the Bungees Cavaliers below.
I truly enjoyed my glimpse at this magnificent group of artists and hope to be able to see the full performance while they are here in Tampa. Created by Cirque du Soleil co-founder, Normand Latourelle, Cavalia is currently touring major cities in North America. I definitely recommend going to see this if they are in your area.



A huge thank you to Stefanie Phillips from RFB Communications Group for sending me the invitation to this awesome event. It was great to meet you today!

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Am I too old to run away with Cavalia? I can bring my own Arab....

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg mom, i have goose bumps, awesome pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You are clearly very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, BEAUTIFUL photos. You have a real talent for photography. I'm so glad that you really enjoyed the performance. (I had no idea you were a horse lover.) Good to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete