Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

046 - Scottish Highland Cattle


Once upon a time in my early photography shooting days I was quite nervous about stepping out with my camera and intruding on private property. There was a farm in Wisconsin that had this herd of Scottish Highland cattle and I thought they were just adorable. However, we had to return to this farm quite a few times to actually get a good photo. I think the first time I wouldn't even get out of the car. I used a zoom lens from the passenger seat and the pictures sucked. I think it was probably the 3rd time approaching this farm that I actually got out of the car and walked all the way up to the fence.

This amuses me today since Elliott and I frequently "invite ourselves in" to numerous locations without blinking an eye. The only time I get a bit nervous is if we had been someplace already and there are signs that someone knew it when we go back. (ie: padlocks when there were none before.)

I'm glad I have for the most part gotten over this shyness...after all, what's the worst that can happen?

1 comment:

  1. Although I admit it's probably not recommended...I'd love to pet one of those things to find out what it's coat feels like!!!!

    I know exactly what you mean about having been shy with the camera. I'm still trying to fight my way out of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete